Monday, June 21, 2004

Saddle Creekens

I have read with great interest your various claims that it is the fundamentalist and evangelicals that start wars. This is of course removed by only a post or two from an expressed desire that all the crazies would indeed move to SC so that you could have them bombed.

Nice rants all, my hat is off to you. I would challenge you to utilize a bit of intellectual honesty in the subjective name calling hoisted about so freely. There is a vast difference in a Christian, a fundamentalist and an evangelical. I am not claiming anyone that falls within one of those categories in either superior or inferior. I simply state the fact that there is a difference. It is ill advised to claim that one is the same and neatly attempt to stuff all into the same box.

I would also challenge you to learn more of what Christian Exodus is all about. It is not, as so many of your posters proclaim, intended to set up some form of theocracy. Of course I doubt you will seek more knowledge in this regard. I am merely pointing out an error that went unchecked on your forum for some time.

Lastly, as for the recommendation by a couple of your posters that maybe if we are unhappy we might ought to just move to another country. There was even a comparison made between our dissatisfaction and that of Vietnam draft dodgers. Nay, nay and tisk tisk….you really just do not get it.

In any event, it seems to me you might like the idea of all us crazy folks moving off to places far from you. This seems like a win-win to me. You ought to send us money and help us all pack.

Anyway, I am happy you stopped by. I did so enjoy reading your forum as it pertains to us whackos. It is always enlightening to read what the uniformed mind has to say about a good idea.

Y'all have a good day!

Recedite, plebes! Gero rem imperialem
El Cid

No comments:

Post a Comment