Thursday, June 03, 2004

Cory Burnell

I had the priviledge of speaking with Cory, president of ChristianExodus on the phone last night. I had visited the .org site and was very disturbed by some of the things I saw. I called and spoke with Cory's wife, I fired off several emails and late last night Cory returned my call.

My fear was, from the post on the forum, that this movement was about the craziness that the usual opponents claim. I found Cory to be the same reasonable, intelligent fellow that I perceived him to be from his writings posted on the SCLoS site and from his talk on Fox.

It seems that the organization is in the process of standing up a new web site. While this is being accomplished some nefarious sorts hijacked the forum. One particularly bad individual was impersonating Cory.

My support for this movement is redoubled now. There is nothing to fear, as the naysayers would claim, of any intention to install a theocracy. There is no indication that this is a cult. In fact the doctrine that Cory and I discussed is very reasonable and acceptable to anyone that believes in the basic tenets of the Christian faith. This movement is simply one of like minded folks. There is no intention to do anything other than install of form of government of and by the people.

This idea has merit and it can work. I challenge you to keep your eyes and ears open and endeavor to learn more about what this movement is all about. Secession seems to me the only real hope of restoring a Constitutional Republic in any place in North America.

Recedite, plebes! Gero rem imperialem
El Cid

No comments:

Post a Comment