Thursday, March 03, 2005

12 Years Since Operation Waco Freedom

"Twelve years ago, on February 28, 1993, an ATF publicity stunt went horribly wrong at Waco, Texas, leaving four agents and an uncertain number of Branch Davidians dead. For fifty-one days there was a standoff that culminated in an FBI fire that killed 80 American civilians, including about two dozen children.
Looking at Iraq, we see Waco every day. We must remember all federal crimes of terror, here and abroad, lest they multiply"

Really sorta sum's it all up. I remember that day in 1993 very vividly. I was sitting in the barber shop at The Citadel (I was in town visiting and stopped by the old school). I watched the whole thing on a little television set there.

This was the first time that I knew in my soul that our Government was truly capable of evil. It is the first time that I knew beyond a doubt that we had the real capacity for tyranny. It was a high water mark for me and the day my eyes were opened.

Recedite, plebes! Gero rem imperialem
El Cid

No comments:

Post a Comment