Monday, February 21, 2005

In defence of Thomas Woods

ArklahomBoy: "The Emacipation Proclamation? You mean when Lincoln had a chance to end slavery in the states he actually presided over, but chose not to? Sounds like Mr. Boot's never read Lincoln's First Inaugural... "

ArklahomBoy tackles the task of adding some sanity to the hue and cry against Woods (along with a few others). I have yet to weigh in because I have yet to read the book.

However, Woods is alright in my book up until now and I doubt anything he wrote is likely to change that. In my personal dealings with him (American Secession Project, he is the author of Secessionist Paper No. 10) I found him to be friendly and amicable.

Read this piece called "Secede" by Woods. I agree completely.

A pretty good thrashing of Woods, with a few defenders in the mix, is taking place over at IsThatLegal? among other places.

Recedite, plebes! Gero rem imperialem
El Cid

No comments:

Post a Comment